Wednesday, June 01, 2005

RAWI

Sorry for the silence around these parts. I've been getting my son ready for his 10 week visit with his dad, and preparing myself for the RAWI conference in NYC.

I urge everyone in NYC to come out to Hunter College Friday-Sun for the conference. It's gonna be the shit. I can't wait to be among friends, colleagues, and mentors; people I've long admired like Naomi Shihab Nye and DH Melhem (for a complete list of authors, go here).

There's a poetry reading on Friday night I'll be attending. I'm really looking forward to that. Follow the link above for the exact location.

Saturday morning, at 11:15, Laila Lalami (Moorish Girl), Leila Abu-Saba (Dove's Eye) and I will hold a panel discussing literary blogs. When I have an exact room #, I'll post here.

The conference will be badass. I'm pumped. I hope to blog some more from NYC, so stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger femme feral said...

sounds fun! I will miss you on friday, however, since I wanted to drink coffee with you. Of course, I miss you all the time sweet girl. Travel safe!

3:22 AM  
Blogger rockslinga said...

thanks, m! and don't worry, there'll be plenty of time to have coffee when i return,for i will be free, free, free!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home