Friday, July 28, 2006

"I learnt the lesson of nonviolence from my wife, when I tried to bend her to my will. Her determined resistance to my will, on the one hand, and her quiet submission to the suffering my stupidity involved, on the other, ultimately made me ashamed of myself and cured me of my stupidity...in the end, she became my teacher in nonviolence." From Gandhi the Man.

I've been reading up on non-violence and interbeing --which i love--in order to keep the current events from swallowing my well-being. So far, so good. I've been doing a lot more living in the moment and am shocked at how much time I spend fantasizing or worrying about the future. And it's amazing how reading a news story only once a day and allowing myself to cry about it brings me peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leila Abu-Saba said...

Very good plan. I ought to go offline.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're interested in reading more on nonviolence, check out the amazing Dorothy Day, and the Catholic Worker movement--my time at Haley House, the CW in Boston, is blowing my mind. Also, Ched Myers and John Dear have some powerful, sustaining stuff....

8:29 PM  
Blogger rockslinga said...

thanks, anna! i will check these out...

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home