Thursday, August 03, 2006

Art Heals

Douglas Coupland writes about how he managed the painful memories of high school, in the Summer Issue of the Walrus:
The first two weeks in the abandoned school were Steven Kingy, but once the creepiness left it was like working inside my dreams at night, except it was real and I had control. I could literally, legally, artistically bash the crap out of anything that displeased me. At will I could mangle and trash lockers or AV equipment or uninspired textbooks. It was like being handed a superpower: the power to reconfigure the way I existed with my memories. Within a month, I was no longer having recurring dreams of trying to remember my locker combination or being late for a test in a class I didn't even know I was enrolled in. Gone. Thank you, art.

2 Comments:

Blogger Muhammad Aladdin said...

Hey Randa,
How are ya? missed ya so much girl, wish ya are OK
yrs,
Al

6:08 AM  
Blogger rockslinga said...

hey alaa! i miss you too. i'm better than ok, and getting ready to move to michigan. i'll email you more details...

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home