Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy Ramadan

I strung lights up in front of my house for Ramadan...for the first time, I actually know people who are fasting, so I am braving it this year. So far it's barely 11 AM and I am famished. I also really want gum.

I am really into photography right now; also, I have ideas for three stories, and I started one last night, late late, because, I believe, my muse is on Arab time. She always comes around at around 2 or 3 AM, which is about 10 AM in Egypt and Palestine. Either that, or she's a drunken skank, and likes to show up just after the pub. It's her form of drinking and dialing.

In any case, all the stories have this theme I love right now, partially inspired by my readings of late --Poe, Kafka--, partly inspired by the move and my utter confusion at both how happy I am to be in a new place and how sad I am to leave so much behind. Perfect combinations for the scribbling factory, so off I go.

Meanwhile, here is a stunning photo, titled "Shelter."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And happy Ramadan to you - have a month full of baraka.

I love all the farmers market photos BTW; your flickr account is linked to mine and I had a look. Angelo does indeed have a good eye.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home