Monday, September 18, 2006

Toothpaste and knives

Hey guys, I'm finally back in the US now. Sore throat. Sleepy. Must read much Turgenev for class tomorrow.

A funny thing happened to my child at the airport (he flies alone): at security, his toothpaste was taken away because no liquids are allowed on planes. So now he has stinky breath. Furthermore, as I cleaned out his backpack this morning so he could use it for school, I found in one of the pockets a knife he uses when he fishes. He's 9, so of course he had no idea what he was doing. Still, people: my kid unwittingly had a knife on a plane.

How the fuck did it make it through security?

SCARY.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elka said...

yo lady,

glad you're back. i can't believe they took my neutrogena anti-aging SPF 15 cream and let Ang keep his knife. That is hilarious and disturbing.

Miss you! Have fun with the heavy reading.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Michalle said...

I just like the visual image of Ang fishing. Especially with a knife! I know this isn't how he uses it, but it's fun to imagine him reaching into the water to spear the fish on his knife.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They recalibrated their x-ray machines to detect toothpaste instead of knives because knives are, like, sooo 2001.

Glad you made it back safe and happy!

-Chris

4:18 AM  
Blogger confused arab chick said...

They let him have a knife but took away his toothpaste?

That's nuts.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha ... aaaaah such fucked-up times we're living in!!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home