Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Blogtherapy

borges_psicanalista_medIt's grey again. All around me it's damp and grey and I think the love affair with this place is over.

Three months into it, too-- like clock work.

I feel friendless. Everyone I care about lives far away. And when I remember what my life was like before I moved here, I remember I was unhappy then, too. So, what's the solution? To embrace my sadness? Again?

I'm writing differently the past few months-- starting at Hedgebrook. The collection is dark, and thankfully I am still in love with the stories and the narrators.

Every morning, I turn away all the noises from my real life-- my son's stomache ache two nights ago, my workshop, the weird sounds my car has been making, the rain outside-- and listen to my stories.

As I watch the House and fret about the senate, and read the number of deaths in Iraq and Gaza, I wonder how on earth I can still be self-indulgent as I am, how I can still be annoyed with this pretty, peaceful town.

Oh, yeah...I'm human.

1 Comments:

Blogger xtinehlee said...

I miss you too!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home