Monday, February 12, 2007

On my so-called "bashing"

Just to clarify something: I fucking LOVE my workshop and my MFA program. My defense of pat is simply that: a defense of something I love, too. I was simply venting and giving my POV on why pat is underrated. My workshops have been helpful and my classmates are awesome, including the ones that dislike pat. My writing has improved and I've been happy here. So, those who are linking to the pat defense and framing it as "workshop bashing": no, no, no, no, no.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe you basher,
school is silly
;)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Elka said...

i could've guessed this would happen. sorry you have to deal with it!

go drink some kombucha.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes--_I_ am the one who does not like workshop these days, not Randa! I'm sorry if my comment spurred something offline--as I did read your post as a very specific defense of "pat."

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I hope I didn't contribute, too. Venting is necessary and helpful, but it certainly doesn't encapsulate the entire experience, of course. I'm really glad you're enjoying your program.

5:17 PM  
Blogger rockslinga said...

no...you were all wonderful to empathize. Other websites are linking here and calling the pat defense bashing. i just wanted to clear it up.

back to my kombucha...

:)

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home