Tuesday, April 15, 2008

London Calling

Wow. I am having an amazing time over here. I'm exhausted, but I want to make sure I record all the cool things and people I've seen since Sunday, or at least some of them:

Small dogs attacking huge swans at Kensington Gardens

Adania Shibli and loads of other amazing people at a party

A Duchamp/Man Ray/ Picabia exhibit at Tate Modern

Ahmad el-Aidy crossing the street

Baha'a Taher and the other five nominees for the Arabic Booker (more later)

Pink Flamingos

Denis Johnson Davies, who speaks better Egyptian than I do

The Saqi bookstore

Ahdaf Soueif, Mourid Barghouti, Alaa el-Aswany, and hundreds of other writers @ The Roof Gardens

Indian food with Selma Dabbagh


It's been so fabulous...

4 Comments:

Blogger xtinehlee said...

London is awesome, ain't it?! Someday you and I will go together and we'll paint the town red (except for the phone booths, because they're already red).

10:12 PM  
Blogger rockslinga said...

I want nothing more than to come back here ASAP, and with you it would ROCK!!!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Elka said...

I'm glad you're having fun! Sounds like an amazing trip.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad its going well. So funny...today in my Arabic class we listened to a BBC news clip about the London Book Fair. Made me think of you :)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home