Friday, April 11, 2008

A MAP OF HOME, the Hebrew edition

I recently found out that my novel will come out in a Hebrew edition with Kinneret-Zmora in Israel. This news came the day after I went to see The Band's Visit, an Israeli film which really moved me with its meditation on loneliness and tri-lingual love of music-- I saw the film as a homage to old Egyptian film.

I'm excited that Hebrew-speaking readers will get a chance to check out the novel. Kinneret -Zmora publishes Etgar Keret, Philip Roth, Saul Bellow, Paul Theroux, Kurt Vonnegut, Gunter Grass, Hanif Kureishi, Zadie Smith, Don Delillo, V.S. Naipaul, Hanif Kureishi and Arundhati Roy, among others.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leila Abu-Saba said...

THat is SO COOL... let's hope you expand their minds. And when is "Story of my Building" coming out in Hebrew? That's one they need to read as well.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Nava said...

AMAZING! Who will translate it? And when exactly will we get to read it in English? I can't wait!

9:12 PM  
Blogger WBS said...

Congrats!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home